Funk Zone Food Walking Tour
On this fun food walking tour, guests will explore some of the city’s off the beaten path eateries and shops. This three hour tour starts just off of State Street, a few blocks from the beach, and ends in Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone, a funky industrial area that is home to art galleries, around 20 local wineries, gourmet restaurants, and even a local brewery and distillery.
Over the course of the tour, guests will learn about the history of Santa Barbara, the development of the Funk Zone, and will taste at six different locations. Handmade chocolates, craft beer, lobster bisque, bratwurst, sparkling wine, and artisanal baked goods are on the tasting menu.
Partnering businesses include Chocolate Maya, Mony's Taqueria, Enterprise Fish Company, the Nook, Riverbench Winery, Santa Barbara Winery, Helena Avenue Bakery, and Topa Topa Brewing Company. Price includes tastings at six different locations.
Please note that this tour ends about 3-4 blocks from where it begins. Tour guide will help guests navigate back to where they parked if necessary.
- Price: Tickets are $85 per person ($79 for guests under 21 or those who don't drink alcohol). Price includes tastings at six different locations.
- Refunds: Any cancellations made less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour are not eligible for a refund. Cancellations made more than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled tour will be eligible for a full refund.
- When: Tour runs 11:00am-2:00pm and begins near the intersection of State Street and Gutierrez Street in downtown Santa Barbara. Exact meeting location will be provided once tour is booked. Private tours also available seven days a week for groups of eight or more.
- Diets: This tour is not suited for vegans, lactose intolerant individuals, or a gluten-free diet. If you or anyone in your group is a vegetarian or has any food allergies, please let us know in advance of the tour. Because we notify all of our restaurants and partnering businesses the day prior to the tour, we are not able to accommodate any last minute dietary requests. There will be a wine tasting and a beer tasting on this tour, please note that guests will be required to show ID.
- Limitations: There is a significant amount of walking on this food tour. For most of the tastings, guests will be standing, so please wear good, comfortable walking shoes. This tour is not suited for those who cannot be on their feet for 2+ hours or those with physical limitations that make walking long distances difficult.
- Advance purchase required. We suggest all parties plan on booking a week in advance to ensure getting the desired reservation. In order to ensure a spot on the tour (and to give us adequate time to notify our restaurants), reservations will be closed 24 hours prior to each tour.