Rise and Shine Farmers Market Tour
Join us for this fun, Saturday morning tour that begins with a stroll through the Santa Barbara Farmers Market. Guests will enjoy conversations with local growers and business owners, as well as samples of seasonal produce, dates, olives, gourmet hummus, artisanal cheese and more. This tour also includes a stop at a local bakery known for their cinnamon rolls and gourmet coffee drinks, as well as a tasting of one of the best breakfast sandwiches in town. Tour is led by farm-to-fork writer Rachel Hommel, who has been featured in Edible Santa Barbara and the Santa Barbara Independent.
During the course of the tour, guests will also become acquainted with historical landmarks like the Presidio, the Santa Barbara Museum of History, and Plaza de la Guerra. Guests will also have opportunities for Q&A with some of the business owners we meet along the way. This tour is a great way to experience Santa Barbara, its food scene, its farmers, its abundance of local produce and artisanal foods, as well as its history.
- Price: Tickets are $70 per person.
- Refunds: Any cancellations made less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour are not eligible for a refund. Cancellations made more than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled tour will be eligible for a full refund.
- When: Tour runs one Saturday a month (and by request for private tour groups) from 9:00am-12:00pm and begins and ends near the intersection of Santa Barbara Street and Cota Street in downtown Santa Barbara. Exact meeting location will be provided once tour is booked. Private tours also available seven days a week for groups of eight or more.
- Diets: This tour is not suited for vegans, lactose intolerant individuals, or a gluten-free diet. If you or anyone in your group is a vegetarian or has any food allergies, please let us know in advance of the tour. Because we notify all of our restaurants and partnering businesses the day prior to the tour, we are not able to accommodate any last minute dietary requests.
- Limitations: There is a significant amount of walking on this food tour. For most of the tastings, guests will be standing, so please wear good, comfortable walking shoes. This tour is not suited for those who cannot be on their feet for 2+ hours.
- Advance purchase required. We suggest all parties plan on booking a week in advance to ensure getting the desired reservation. In order to ensure a spot on the tour (and to give us adequate time to notify our restaurants), reservations will be closed 24 hours prior to each tour.