Taste of Santa Barbara Tour
This culinary experience offers an intimate food walking tour of the mid-State Street area of downtown Santa Barbara and gives guests an up close and personal look into the local food scene.
As we walk the streets of Santa Barbara, this food tour stops for tastings at six different shops and restaurants, where we taste and experience the best dishes and best restaurants that make Santa Barbara the great dining destination that it is. Our tour tastings vary, with some tours making stops at the Santa Barbara Public Market, and others stopping at areas like El Paseo and La Arcada. Throughout the day, guests will also become acquainted with historical places like the Arlington Theater, the Granada Theater, and the Santa Barbara County Courthouse.
French pastries, Northern Italian dishes, noodle bowls, local wine, craft beer, handcrafted chocolates, tacos, ice cream, and East Coast deli fare are among the tasting options. We even sample sandwiches that have been featured on the Food Network. Partnering businesses include Renaud's Patisserie, Ca'Dario, The Garden, Grassini Family Vineyards, Margerum Winery, Norton's Pastrami and Deli, the Honey B Kitchen, Cebada Winery, il Fustino, McConnells Fine Ice Cream, Rori's Creamery, Empty Bowl Noodle Bar, the Santa Barbara Public Market, and Chocolats du CaliBressan.
- Price: Tickets are $85 per person ($79 for guests under 21 or those who don't drink alcohol). Price includes tastings at six different locations.
- Refunds: Any cancellations made less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour are not eligible for a refund. Cancellations made more than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled tour will be eligible for a full refund.
- When: Tour runs 11am-2:30pm and begins near the intersection of State Street and Figueroa Street in downtown Santa Barbara. Tour concludes a few blocks away. Exact meeting location will be provided once tour is booked. Private tours also available seven days a week - please call for more info.
- Diets: This tour is not suited for vegans, lactose intolerant individuals, or a gluten-free diet. If you or anyone in your group is a vegetarian or has any food allergies, please let us know in advance of the tour. Because we notify all of our restaurants and partnering businesses the day prior to the tour, we are not able to accommodate any last minute dietary requests. There will be either a wine or beer tasting as part of this tour, please note that guests will be required to show ID.
- Limitations: There is a significant amount of walking on this food tour. For most of the tastings, guests will be standing, so please wear good, comfortable walking shoes. This tour is not suited for those who cannot be on their feet for 2+ hours or those with physical limitations that make walking long distances difficult.
- Advance purchase required. We suggest all parties plan on booking a week in advance to ensure getting the desired reservation. In order to ensure a spot on the tour (and to give us adequate time to notify our restaurants), reservations will be closed 24 hours prior to each tour.